Sunday 15 July 2018

Such beautiful words πŸ™πŸ’™ #Repost @bunea_medeea ・・・ The first time I was presented with the ideea of a sensory deprivation tank was while watching the series “Fringe” where they used the tank to transport the characters in a parallel dimension. I was very intrigued and I hold that ideea in my mind until now when I finally tried it myself. . I had no expectations and was maybe on one side a bit too cynical and on the other a bit too enthusiastic. The first half of my float I was very concentrated on the minimal exterior stimuli, the low gravity allowed by body to really relax and I could also feel the parts of my body where I had tension - lower back, knees, ankles. After the first half, after the novelty wore off, I started meditating as this seemes the perfect medium for it. It seemed very easy to forget you have a body and at times I felt like I am only a sweaty face floating in the void. It felt like there was no end or begining to where I was. It was so relaxing that I prefered not getting involved in my thoughts to just being there. I remember something I read that said the floating tank is the autobahn to meditation. . As I was getting out and into the shower I truly felt relaxed not just in my body but also my mind, I felt free, curious, overcame by laughter and not ready to go back in London. P.S. Don’t taste the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment